Monday, March 29, 2010

Winter Anime is over! Now to Spring! (Part 2)

As promised, here's the second part of the spring list!



会長はメイド様! (Kaichou wa Maid-sama! | The Student Council President is a Maid!)

From the manga with the title, Ayuzawa Misaki enrolled to Seika High School that used to be an all boys school. Despite it becoming co-ed, the number of males to females is 80% to 20%. She then became the Student Council President so that things would change for the better in her new school. She's also working part-time at a maid cafe to support her family after her father walks out from them. Takumi Usui, the most famous guy in school found out about this little secret...
Admittedly, I read the manga, and there was this ad for the anime in one of the chapters, I got psyched up. The manga had good storyline and plot with fair amount of jokes and funny moments. I really recommend watching this!

Should I watch: Hell Yes I will!!

キスシス (kiss x sis)

First comes the manga, then the OVA now it has own series! kiss x sis mainly involves 3 parties, Suminoe Keita and his twin high school stepsisters.His twin sisters, Suminoe Ako and Riko has a deep, lustful crush on him that always gets him in trouble that put any guys to envy. Not forgetting to mention that even their parents encourage a potential relationship between them.
Be warn that this series has ample fan-service to enjoy. Only AT-X will be airing this series. One thing NOT to look forward to in the series is the censorship.

Should I watch: Hell Yes I will!!

 迷い猫オーバーラン! (Mayoi Neko Overrun! | Stray Cats Overrun!)

Another anime that has the name of their shop as an official website! Mayoi Neko Overrun! is based on a light novel by Matsu Tomohiro which is then made into manga by Yabuki Kentarou, creator of Black Cat and ToLoveRu. You would see characters from TLR in this series that's for sure. Tsuzuki Takumi works at a patisserie (or cake shop) with his older sister, Tsuzuki Otome, and childhood friend Serizawa Fumino that's called Stray Cats. Takumi's sister have a habit of taking in stray cats and one day brought in a girl off the streets. Did I mention the girl acts similarly like a cat?



Should I watch: Hell Yes I will!!

 けいおん!! (K-ON!!)

Moe blob anime K-ON! is now back with another "!" for its second season. I'm unable to get a promo video off youtube or anywhere else, so I'll just leave it blank then. To think I found it a day after I posted it >.>. I think we don't need a reintroduction of this series this time round right?

Should I watch: Hell Yes I will!!

 荒川アンダー ザ ブリッジ (Arakawa Under the Bridge)

From Nakamura Hikaru's romantic comedy manga, this series is about a man at the top of the business world, Ichinomiya Kou. He is saved by a homeless girl, Nino, and since his family motto is to never be in debt to anyone, he tries to pay that debt to her like buying her a house but Nino declined and ask him to love her. In the end, Kou ended up living with her under Arakawa Bridge and meets weird people...
The plot sounded okay, but I'm more worried it would be 'shafted' like Bakemonogatari since SHAFT is working on this. Don't get me wrong, I like SHAFT's works. Although, the plot sort of reminds me of Nodame Cantabile.

Should I watch: Yea.

いちばんうしろの大魔王 (Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou)

Synopsis by MyAnimeList:
This story of "love, magic, and battles" revolves around Akuto Sai, a boy who aims to become part of his country's highest order of magicians and contribute to society as one of its clergy. On the day he is admitted into the Constan Magical Academy, his aptitude test predicts the following: "Future Occupation … Devil King." Thus begins his severe school life in which he is resented by his studious female class head, desired by a girl with mysterious powers, and guarded by a beautiful female android.

I'm not sure how to write this review up so I copied from MyAnimeList. The series looks promising though.

Should I watch: Yea.

That's all  have to review. The rest are simply list of other series that I have not mentioned.
There you have it, 32 series for Spring 2010. Although most of this season's anime are sequels, the number of new series are not bad for spring. Well, that's all the time I have right now so signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment