Monday, March 29, 2010

Winter Anime is over! Now to Spring! (Part 1)

With winter anime series over, new spring releases has been decided at the Tokyo Anime Fair 2010! Winter did have good releases, despite not having lots of them. Well, without further ado, here's the list of Spring 2010 anime. I'll be posting those that I likely will watch here together with a promo video if there's any.. Most of the info I got are from MyAnimeList, Anime News Network and AnimeNFO.



ゆとりちゃん (Yutori-chan)

About about a high school girl called Yutori working part time at a marketing division of a toymaker company. There were free preview last year distributed by e-mail by BIGLOBE with Yutori-chan's e-mail address. You could find the first 4 free preview episodes currently in youtube.

Should I watch: Yea






真・恋姫†無双~乙女大乱~ ( Shin Koihime Musou ~Otome Tairan~)

I'll say the truth, I love this series, I don't know why; I just do! I got addicted to it since the original (Koihime Musou) and the first sequel (Shin Koihime Musou). This anime is from an adult visual novel and strategy game by BaseSon which borrows ideas from Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which, oddly enough, a series I'm not that interested in. Maybe I got addicted to this due to the random slap stick comedy.

Should I watch: Must!!

 B型H系 (B Gata H Kei | B-Type H-Style)

This is the first time I've heard of this series and apparently, it's from a 4-koma manga serialized in Weekly Young Jump. This series is about a high school girled called Yamada who has a perverted mind that wants to sleep with 100 of different guys, but here's the catch; she's a virgin. She (thought) was saved by a plain guy, Takashi Kosuda (accidentally saved fyi) one day and decides to use him as her first.

Should I watch: Maybe

 騎当千 XTREME XECUTOR (Ikkitousen XTREME XECUTOR)
 
My first bet is, almost everyone knows Ikkitousen. So everyone, let's welcome season 4! I'm not sure what to comment on this series, but hey, there's a new character this time around.


Should I watch: Yea

 おおきく振りかぶって~夏の大会編~ (Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai-hen~)

Finally! The second season! This series is the sequel to the baseball anime Ookiku Furikabutte (Big Windup) which is about a high school boy who lack confidence. His talent to control the ball was discovered by his high school team's catcher and with support from his new teammates his confidence grew. I really enjoyed the first season and has been wondering for the second one, despite not liking sports anime.

Should I watch: Must!!

ヒーローマン (Heroman)

Created by the creator of Spider-man, here comes Heroman. Stan Lee and BONES has animated version of Heroman , which is a toy founded by a young orphan, Joey, who lives with his grandmother. Joey works part-time to support his grandmother and himself and he is always bullied by the rich kids at school. I
The plot sounds common, but we'll have to check it out first if it's good. Although, I'd prefer if they animated ULTIMO instead.

Should I watch: Try a couple of episodes first.

エンジェルビーツ!  (Angel Beats!)

Quote from ANN:
In a world after death, angels fight for their fate and their future. Yuri, the leader of the Shinda Sekai Sensen, rebels against the god who destined her to have an unreasonable life. On the otherhand, Tenshi, the chairperson of the student council for the world after death, battles against the SSS members. SSS members utilize armed weaponry to battle it out against the angels harnessing supernatural powers.

Why a quote, well, I'm not sure how to explain this series, so there. But seeing that it's from the same company that brought us Clannad, Kanon and Air, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be the best series this season. Too bad it's only 13 episodes.

Should I watch: Hell Yes I will!!


メタルファイト ベイブレード~爆~ (Metal Fight Beyblade ~Baku~)

A direct continuation from Metal Fight Beyblade episode 51. Baku will start off as episode 52 (or Season 2 episode 1 for those who prefer it that way). I must say everyone one of us should know what this series is about. Yea, Beyblades!


Should I watch: Yea.







 ワーキング!! (Working!!)

For those who will miss our 19-year-old-loli, Mimina from Lady vs Butlers, no fret, cause Working!! have just the answer! Takanashi Souta was recruited by his high school loli looking senior, Taneshima Popura to work at a Hokkaido famires (or family restaurant), Wagnaria, which incidently, is the official website for Working!! This series is a comedic slice-of-life where all the part-timers are a little, weird. They have a lazy manager, a floor chief with a katana, a high schooler who looks like she's supposed to be in elementary or middle school (you decide), a server who is afraid of guys to the point of beating them up close to death and claims that guys are dangerous (I think she's the dangerous one...) and Souta, who is a minicon (self-proclaimed) who love really really small things. I've watched the first episode promo, and I enjoyed it to the point I stick on the screen like a glue even if I need to go to the washroom...

Should I watch: Hell Yes I will!!

This is the end of the first part. I've still got many things to write, but I'll put them up in a couple of hours more.

No comments:

Post a Comment