Saturday, March 5, 2011

HTC Flyer - With mad pen skills


Ever since the iPad 2 has been unveiled, it has been all the rage with almost everyone around me. I'm not a big Apple fanboy and despite having cool specs and a sleek design, it doesn't turn me on as much as the HTC Flyer and is missing something that the Flyer has - a pen.

The HTC Flyer have the best of both worlds - a touch screen and a pen. Now I bet most of you will think 'Won't the touch screen run funny if I were to write with the pen since my palm is resting on it?'. I thought so too, to be honest, but I was surprised at how intelligent the device is that it'll reject input from your palm while you're using the pen to write on the Flyer, thanks to N-trig's DuoSense technology. So there won't be any problem if you were to rest your hand on the screen while taking down notes in class like the demo in the video below.

From the video, the Flyer seems to lag a little but or be unresponsive at times, but it looks promising despite still being in development.

No comments:

Post a Comment