Saturday, May 15, 2010

Wintek Sued by their Employees

Some 44 Wintek employees sued their employer that they were poisoned a chemical called n-hexane while cleaning glass screens of Apple's iPhone in a Chinese factory. According to Stratfor Global Intelligence, 62 Wintek workers has been hospitalized since August 2009 with the said chemical that can cause nerve damage and in worse cases, paralysis.

Stratfor also mentioned that the factory manager made the workers use n-hexane as it dries faster than alcohol and it leaves fewer streaks.The said manager has been fired.

More than 2,000 workers in Suzhou destroyed equipments and vehicles at the plant in response to a number of deaths from overexposure to toxic chemicals in a demonstration in January and year-end-bonus issues. The poisoning issue came to light then.

Via: AppleInsider

No comments:

Post a Comment